DEKSI Network Monitor is an advanced, powerful, and multi-featured network device monitor which enables you to learn when a device is available as well as the time it became unavailable or out of service. This will enable the network administrator or IT Management staff to be pro-active in responding to any possible downtime. DEKSI Network Monitor periodically polls devices a the network map and sends them an ICMP packet and tries to connect to the requested TCP Port over your network. If the check is successful the color green will be displayed and it the check you ran failed the color will be red. The administrator can set up a variety of different responses to a device that is working or is not available including sending an email message, playing a sound file, sending an SMS message to your cellphone, recording a log of the events, or restarting or shutting down a service or a computer.
DEKSI Network Monitor scans a local area network and automatically retrieves the list of all available hosts. DEKSI Network Monitor generates a list of monitored devices and assigns default checks to all hosts that found, and allows adding a variety of other checks, such as:
* TCP port
* File Existence
* ICMP ping
* Service State
* Port on switch
* Database server (ODBC)
* MS SQL Server
* MySQL Server
* File Size
* Folder existence
* Process Existence
* File size
* Disk space
* Error code from external application
* Result of Java-script
* Visual Basic script result
DEKSI Network Monitor Features :
- Rapid multi-threaded scanning of a local network by a specific IP address range.
- Simultaneous application of a variety of different methods for detecting network devices such as ICMP ping, scanning a list of TCP ports, ARP ping (converting an IP to a MAC address.)
- Recognition of network and local printers, servers, DB servers, routers, switches, hubs, WiFi devices, etc.
- Obtaining additional information on devices over NetBIOS
- Disovering devices that support the SMNP protocol (switches, printers, video cameras, routers, etc.)
- Saving scanning results in CSV format (supported by Microsoft Excel.)
- Generating a list of hosts to be monitored.
- Easy to use interface for editing the hierarchical monitoring list
- Automatic saving of all modifications of the list, host and check properties.
- Multi-threaded host check which enables the number of threads running simultaneously to be configured.